Revealeons are a sort of chameleon species able to change their body to match their surroundings.
High. If set to None, Low, or Medium will interfere with revealeons' ability to replicate themselves and can result in spontaneous combustion, explosion, implosion, or a combination of all three. Best keep this set to High.
High. Having this set to None, Low, or Medium will not interfere with the health or well-being of revealeons, but will render them completely unable to produce results, whatever that may be. Having this set to Very High will result in poor-quality results.
Ability to reason
High. Having this set to None, Low, or Medium will result in revealeons becoming unable to perform their main objective, or unable to perform it well. This must be kept at very high to encourage dynamic decision making.
Leon. The Leon language is updated every 4-5 months on average.
Varies. Revealeons are highly varied and may live anywhere on Owel.
Owel… Technically, this is correct.
All over Owel, mostly in uninhabited regions.
Revealeons have an innate desire to explore largely-uninhabited areas to see interesting and unusual sights. Larger cities such as Althar, Mew York, National Port of Owel, and Gnawth are not home to large numbers of revealeons.
Any. Spirit and Psi are extremely rare in revealeons. The last known cases of such affinities were near PM_8_K (Prospector-Miaoustok?) but not have been heard from recently.
Varies, dependent on revealeon.
Manually introducing weaknesses results in corruption. Revealeons may change elemental weaknesses on their own without this effect.
Varies, dependent on Revealeon.
Manually introducing resistances results in retrograde amnesia. Revealeons may change their elemental resistances on their own without this effect.
Revealeons are solitary creatures, but do rarely form small communities consisting of 2-20 individuals. They are extremely shy, and will often flee from any individual that attempts to approach them. Communities are mostly formed when a large number of revealeons congregate in one area. This usually implies something of great importance or remarkable interest resides within the area.
Revealeons will become less shy toward specific individuals the more they observe them. When around other sentient individuals revealeons thoroughly enjoy disguising themselves as various objects and other wildlife, and will quickly flee from the are if attention is drawn to them.
Surveilleons are variants of revealeons and are far more solitary. They have no desire to form communities. They have no desire to interact with other individuals, regardless of species.
A Revealeons are able to observe and completely memorize their surrounding environment. They are then able to replay this observation, or memory, in the form of taking on the appearance of anything with it. Their memories are not perfect, however, and the forms they take on are typically flawed in some way. Usually, they will sport several eyes (or one larger-than-normal eye) and a curled tail on whatever it is they are attempting to look like.
If they do not periodically refresh their memory, their appearance will start to degrade over time.
Examples (see the image above, from left to right, top to bottom):
- A revealeon has spent much of its life exploring the Aurorian wilderness. It has acquired colors that allow it to blend in more easily with the taiga environment.
- A revealeon has spent a substantial amount of time observing the natives of Croon Fens. Its has taken on warning colors similar to them. It is not poisonous, despite having those colors.
- A revealeon has spent much of its time in and around Neon Lake. Its body has changed shape to resemble the native kelp, and its coloration has taken on neon highlights.
- A revealon with an interest in flowers. Its body shape has changed to resemble a variant of sunflower, and its several petals assist its vision in low-light environments.
- A revealon with a great fondness for Charcoal Chickens. It has taken their form, currently lives along Owel’s southwest coast and spends its days running up and down the beach, attempting to blend in with other Charcoal Chickens. It is not very successful.
- A revealon has taken the shape of an Aurorian wildberry. Its memory is not totally accurate; Aurorian wildberries have only one segment, not two connected with a torso.
- A revealeon insists to be referred to only as "strawberry man". It is currently in the process of forgetting what an actual strawberry looks like. When strawberry man creates a new version of itself, the new version is referred to as strawberry lad. When it grows up, it is once again a strawberry man.
- A revealeon has found the perfect camouflage: an unsuspecting stump. Usually found in the middle of a forest, it prefers to roll away rather than run away from danger.
- A revealeon appreciates the art of faberge eggs and baking, and has changed its body shape to reflect its tastes. The cinnamon bun is actually its tail, and should not be eaten.
- A revealeon may be disguised as a bunch of grapes, or it may be disguised as a single grape and is hiding inside a bunch of grapes. Only time will tell.
Revealeons vary wildly in size, shape, and color, but always have at least one eye (or other visual organ) and curled tail.
Surveilleons also vary in size, shape, color, and have one curled tail, but differ in other ways (unknown for the moment).
Revealeons reproduce via holo-genesis.
When a revealeon has determined it has observed enough of its environment, it will project a (scaled down) holographic image of itself, and begin uploading its observation to that program.
As observations are transferred, the hologram changes shape and begins to take physical form. Eventually, the hologram becomes its own revealeon, with its own appearance and personality, based on the observations that were transferred to it during creation.